To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Gen. Shinseki Says No to Run in Hawaii

Retired General Eric Shinseki, the former Army Chief of Staff who before the war predicted America would need hundreds of thousands of troops to secure Iraq (and may have been let go from his post early as a result), has been championed as a possible candidate by many Democratic politicians. But the AP's Audra McAvoy reports that Shinseki is not yet ready to make the jump into elective politics.

Retired Army Gen. Eric Shinseki said Wednesday he plans to move back to Hawai'i but doesn't intend to run for governor.

[...]

Shinseki, 62, has never run for political office and his party affiliation is unknown. Democratic Sen. Daniel K. Inouye, however, has publicly expressed hope that Shinseki would run for office, saying he would make a good legislator or governor.
Although this might dash Democrats' hopes at defeating Hawaii's Republican Governor Linda Lingle next year, this doesn't come as too much of a surprise. Last year Shinseki flat out told us, "I don't see politics in my future, so let's put that aside."
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...