To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Who Am I?

That's a good question. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Jonathan Singer, a senior at Pomona College in Claremont, California. I'm studying Politics (not "Government" or "Political Science") and have been writing here at Basie! since June 2004.

My political career began during the 2000 Presidential campaign when I volunteered for Al Gore in his Portland, Oregon campaign. During the summer of 2003, I interned in the reelection campaign of Oregon's Democratic Senator Ron Wyden, as well as his Portland Senate office. Back at school in the fall of 2003 and the winter of 2004, I organized and chaired the Wesley Clark for President campaign on my campus and was a member of the Los Angeles for Clark leadership team.

During the summer of 2004 I worked at America Abroad Media as a research assistant (a nice title for an unpaid intern). For those of you not familiar with the organization, AAM creates programs (predominantly radio, but also television) on American foreign policy and cross-cultural issues. You can hear the radio programs on various PRI/NPR stations and on their website.

Over the summer of 2005 I wrote for The Hill, a non-partisan, non-ideological newspaper that reports on the inner workings of Congress. I covered a number of beats, including the Media Sketch (for which I profile a major journalist like Chris Matthews, Bob Schieffer and others), campaigns, and anything and everything else (from telecommunications to lobbying against the estate tax).

When I'm not in DC or California, I live in Portland, Oregon (thus the coverage of Oregon politics on this site). Among my non-political activities are playing the acoustic bass, listening to jazz, hosting a radio program and announcing collegiate sporting events.

This site is profiled in separate articles here and here, and for those interested, here is my resume [Microsoft Word].

Articles I wrote for The Hill:

Contact me for more info.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...