To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Another Celebrity Sighting

So while I was in New York, I went to Sam's Comedy Club with my family. It was rough! Most of the acts were horrible, if not downright offensive; many of the "comedians"--and I use the term lightly--just started badmouthing the audience. It wasn't a good scene.

There were a couple of good acts, though. One of them was a writer for Air America Radio; his material really rocked. The other act that really went well was a young Iranian comedian from the LA area. Although I didn't reckognize him at first, after hearing his bio and his credits, I realized where I knew him from.



Any fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm (a.k.a. "The Larry David Show" [the Seinfeld guy]) who saw the Season II finale should have noticed this fine comedian when he played the Sikh Air Conditioning repairman. Maz Jobrani's acting on the show was quite good, and we were all really impressed by his standup. I guess this makes him my latest celebrity sighting.

-----

PS

I wanted to mention that I had another spectacular sighting a few months ago--the last time I was in the NYC. In March, I was walking to visit my big sis who works at Martha Stewart (who I saw at the office) when I saw none other than Alan Cumming.



It took me a little while for me to explain who he is...



(No, not Paul Reubens a.k.a. Pee Wee Herman)

I guess that's why I like being on the East Coast sometimes: I get to see a lot of celebrities (though I have seen Jane Curtain and Sean Astin in Portland, among others).
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...