To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, June 14, 2004

Condi

Yesterday (Sunday) morning, I was doing my weekly grocery shopping. As it so happens, the closest supermarket to me is the Safeway under the Watergate building. While in the pasta aisle, my friend asked me which politician was in the market, because he had seen some secret servicemen. I turned to look, and right in front of me stood none other than our National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice.



I smiled and nodded at her, a courtesy she obliged me with in return. Perhaps I would have said something to her, but as I was wearing one of my Wes Clark shirts ("All Patriot, No Act"), I thought it would not be appropriate at the juncture.

This was particularly exciting for me as:

a) Though I generally don't agree with her, she certainly has earned my respect through her years of national service
b) Though I think she hasn't been a particularly apt NSA, she still is charged with defending me and my love ones.
c) She's the frikkin' NSA.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...