To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, June 28, 2004

The Daily Show

Before I get started on the best show on television, I just wan to let you know that I realize I've been slacking in my duties. With the Turkey TV show and my trip to the NYC, I've been a little busy. I'll give you at least one more post tonight and hopefully two more. Here goes...

On Friday, for the first time in years (perhaps ever), I watched Larry King Live. Personally, I think King is a tool who never asks tough questions (though to be fair, most on Cable news--save perhaps Chris Matthews--are equally crappy). However, I tuned in because one of the nation's most important men was on: Jon Stewart. He is truly brilliant, both on the set of the Daily Show, and off (as he showed Friday night). If only people outside of my generation also watched him...



Tonight, Jon Stewart was purely brilliant, as he always is; the past two weeks or so, however, he has been as good as I've ever seen him. He cuts through the BS that the mainstream media filters out and lays it down straight for his viewers. I don't know if it was him (or perhaps watching "Rocky" right before on AMC), but I was on my feet by the end of the show (and I wasn't even in the audience).

Jon's interview with Terry McAuliffe was spectacular, to say the least. Jon was right on the money when he asked if the Democrats (a) had a message and (b) would follow through with it if elected; it was his preface, though, that made the question. He said that four years ago, the Republicans were brilliant with their compassionate conservatism, but they were just "lying!" McAuliffe was right on target when he laid out the Dems' agenda.

I also particularly enjoyed McAuliffe's answer to Stewart's VP question: a John Kerry-Jon Stewart ticket! I know he was pandering to a degree, but if there is one man who really speaks to my generation, a generation that hasn't really been active in politics before, it's clearly Jon Stewart. Stewart pretty much said he would not run for elective office during his King interview last week, but if he ever ran (perhaps for Chuck Schumer's seat after the Senator defeats Giuliani for NY Gov in two years), he would demolish any competition. All I can say is Jon Stewart in 2012.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...