To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

What's up?

Tomorrow is a really big day.

Tomorrow America Abroad Media, the organization at which I am interning this summer, will film its first ever television program. A co-production with CNN-Turk that will also be broadcast on al Hurra, the American owned Arabic network, the two-hour program will examine all facets of the complex relationship the United States shares with Turkey. A number of members of Congress, the Administration and academe will discuss many issues with their counterparts in Istanbul (the program will be recorded live from Washington and Istanbul). It'll be interesting.

I've been working pretty hard on researching for the program, but this week my task was getting an audience to fill CNN's "Crossfire" Studio. I called just about every Senator and another 50-75 Representatives to send their interns, and luckily, a good number have RSVP'ed. I think there should be nice turnout.

I have to be up at--ughh--7:00 tomorrow morning for this monumentous event, so this brief and lighthearted post will have to satiate your desire for my writing for the evening. I'll try to get you some real analysis tomorrow--hopefully 2 pieces--because I will once again be heading up to New York for the weekend to see family.

Anyhoo, wish me and everyone at America Abroad luck!

G'night
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...