To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, July 26, 2004

ABC News Now

I've been watching ABC's new 24-hour news service, News Now, over the internet this morning. I must say that it is very neat to be able to watch live broadcast television over the internet, even if there are some noticeable glitches in this, the first day of the service. I would certainly say that it it worth the $4.95 I paid for the programming over the month.

With the dearth of coverage of the Democratic National Convention on traditional media outlets (the normal broadcast networks), and even on cable news, it is great to be able to watch gavel-to-gavel coverage live on the internet (I know I could watch on C-SPAN, but sometimes I like the extra speed given in commercial television). What is more, for someone who has grown up long after the time when the networks broadcasted each Convention in its entirety, I'm stoked.

Peter Jennings (in what I believe is his last Convention season) is now reporting, along with analysis from George Stephanopoulos and Mark Halperin.  George has become a GOP apologist in recent years, but Halperin is great (he is the chief political analyst at ABC News, and thus heads coverage on The Note, which is a must-read every morning).  Though it's still a few hours away from the beginning of the Convention, I'll be listening and watching as much as I can from my desk... oh, the life of a political news junkie!
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...