To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

A famous musician...

Well, sort of...

Being the vain person I am, I was searching for myself on Google once again when I happened upon a site a friend of mine created some time ago.

While I was in high school, I had the distinct honor of playing with one of the nation's finest young jazz guitarists around, John Storie, and the group we subsequently created with a couple of friends became known as the "Tyme Quartet."

The CD we created at the end of our high school careers, entitled "Concepts in Tyme," went on receive an outstanding performance award in Downbeat Magazine, which was pretty exciting.

Although my playing this summer is relegated to plucking around on my mom's old folk guitar (rather than my upright bass, as I could not transport it cross country--twice), I'll always fondly remember my days as a straight ahead jazz musician, playing a lot of bop.

PS: You can still order the CDs. Just email me and we'll figure something out.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...