To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

New Economist poll just in

The Economist magazine has just released its third weekly poll of the campaign season, and I think it has a lot of good news for the Democrats and John Kerry.

The Economist/You Gov Poll

As of now, what do you think you are most likely to end up doing on November 2?

Vote for George W Bush 44%
Vote for John F Kerry 47%
Vote for Ralph Nader 3%
Vote for someone else 3%
Not vote at all 2%

Do you approve or disapprove of the way President George W. Bush is handling his job as president?

Approve 41%
Disapprove 53%
Don't know 6%

Who would you prefer to be in control of the CONGRESS after the next election?

Democrats 43%
Republicans 37%
Don't know 20%

MoE: +/- 2%
Fieldwork 19-21 July 2004
Total Sample: 1731
"Registered to vote": 1433
"Will definitely vote": 1310

------

I think the key aspect of this poll to watch is the anemic approval rating. Additionally, Americans are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the United States at this time by a 54%-37% margin. Although the current margin for Kerry isn't so high, things are looking awful for the President.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...