To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Senator Joe Biden on The Daily Show

Once again, The Daily Show's Convention coverage proved far superior to the other networks as Jon Stewart was both comical and interesting, both of which the other major broadcasts lacked this evening.

After last night's interview with Bill Richardson, Stewart topped himself with a stellar conversation with Joe Biden. Highlights included when Biden said he might have been President had it not been for the fact he accidentally lied about having a coal miner in his family (oops...) and when Biden said that the President doesn't read.

As I wrote in an earlier piece about Stewart, "he cuts through the BS that the mainstream media filters out and lays it down straight for his viewers." Additionally, I still stand by what I earlier wrote when I said that "I truly believe that textbooks and scholarly articles in media analysis journals in the future will devote whole chapters to the impact that The Daily Show has during this period of diluted, crappy television news. Viva la Daily Show!!!"

If you get a chance, check out tonight's show in a later iteration if you missed the first showing already.

|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...