To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Another Bob Novak column

I shuddered at the thought of quoting another column from Bob Novak, but I thought, "what the heck, this is the week of the Republican National Convention... what could be worse?" Here goes.

I don't think I ever agree with that old hyper-partisan curmudgeon, but when he has a good quote in his reporting, I must give him his due respect. This from today's piece in The Chicago Sun-Times:

On the eve of the Republican National Convention, one of the party's foremost leaders from the South was asked about George W. Bush's chances in November. He replied, in a moment of rare candor: ''If this campaign is about Kerry, Bush will win the election. If this campaign is about Bush, he will win my state.'' That is, the GOP must make sure the focus is on Sen. John Kerry to avoid being reduced to the solid Republican South -- and a lost election.
The rest of the article isn't worth much, but I thought you'd enjoy at least this graf.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...