To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Ben Stein: It's time to raise taxes

I'm just watching ABC News Now on Real Player and Ben Stein is having a conversation with a number of people including Sam Donaldson.

Ben Stein is saying that Bush is wrong on taxes and that we should in fact raise taxes significantly on those earning more than $1 million per year. His point is that the nation should not lower taxes during a time of war but rather increase revenue, and the ultra rich are the ones who can afford it. Interesting stuff.

Stein's certainly not a liberal, but I would say he's the quintessential main street conservative of days of yore. He says he supports Bush, but if enough of his types (like these former high ranking Republicans) begin defecting the party, it's going to be tough for the President to get another four years.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...