To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, September 24, 2004

My thoughts and prayers are with Hatfield and his family

Former U.S. Sen. Mark Hatfield is recovering from a head injury that he suffered while visiting family on the East Coast.

Hatfield, 82, was undergoing tests Thursday at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where he was transferred after a fall Wednesday night at his daughter’s home in Maryland.

He was in intensive care and undergoing a CAT scan, results from which were incomplete Thursday.

Gerry Frank of Salem, Hatfield’s longtime associate and former chief of staff, described the procedure as “precautionary observation.”

“Doctors have reported that his recovery appears to be proceeding normally,” Frank said in a statement. “He is expected to remain in the hospital for at least the next few days. The Hatfield family appreciates the prayers and good wishes of all.”
Well-wishers are advised to send messages in care of Mark Hatfield’s office in Portland: Suite 1600 Pioneer Tower, 888 SW Fifth Ave., Portland OR 97204, or P.O. Box 8639, Portland OR 97207.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...