To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Newly found Oregon poll

I just found a poll of Oregon that was released two days ago in the Portland Tribune, a semi-weekly that has some great writing. The poll is a bit old, but it nonetheless has a lot of good information I haven't before seen in other polls (other down-ticket races, for example). Here it is, nonetheless:

The Tribune/KOIN poll results reported here were compiled from Sept. 13 to Sept. 16. Pollsters interviewed by telephone 600 likely voters statewide, who vote regularly in state elections.

President: John Kerry (D) 51, George Bush (R) 44
Senate: Ron Wyden (D) 58, Al King (R) 31
Secretary of State: Bill Bradbury (D) 46, Betsy Close (R) 35
State Treasurer: Randall Edwards (D) 51, Jeff Caton (R) 23
Attorney General: Hardy Myers (D) 44, Paul Connolly (R) 30
There are extensive internals for each of these races, and there is also polling for a spate of ballot initiatives that Oregon voters will soon face (it looks like the Gay Marriage ban might indeed pass).

The most important thing to note in this poll is that it appears as though the Democrats will continue to dominate the executive branch of the Oregon state government--they currently hold all statewide offices (other than one Senate seat). Although I'd like to see Myers and especially Bradbury up over 50%, they both nonetheless have pretty substantial leads right now, so I'm not to worried.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...