To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Post-debate thread

We can continue here.

[Update 7:33]: This just in... Mrs. Allan Greenspan (Andrea Mitchell) finally says Kerry did well. She generally leans right, so it's great to hear her be fair.

[Update 7:35]: Former conservative Republican Congressman Joe Scarborough says that this was John Kerry's best performance ever. Strong words. "I don't know how anyone can see this and not say that this was a very clear Kerry win on the issues." Wow!

[Update 7:38]: Andrea Mitchell- Reaction shots could kill the President, whereas Kerry looked great in his reaction shots.

[Update 7:42]: WES CLARK ON CNN! This makes me happy... very happy!

[Update 7:45]: Kerry looked calm and strong, "Bush didn't look like he wanted to be there." (MSNBC analyst)

[Update 7:47]: CBS Poll- Kerry win 44, Bush 26!!!! This is great.

[Update 7:51]: CBS Poll of uncommitted voters on a clear plan of Iraq- Kerry has a clear plan 51%, Bush has a clear plan 38%

CBS Poll of uncommitted voters on how the debate changed view of Kerry- improved view of Kerry 52%, worsened view of Kerry 14%

I'd have to say the response sounds good!

[Update 7:54]: CNN internet poll (at the bottom of the page)- Kerry win 84%, Bush 12%. This, unlike the CBS poll, was not scientific, but it's a good thing to see.

[Update 7:58]: MSNBC internet poll (at the top of the page)- Kerry win 73%, Bush 27%. This, unlike the CBS poll, was not scientific, but it's a good thing to see.

[Update 8:03]: A reader comment-

Was anyone watching C-SPAN? Bush left the stage first, leaving Kerry and his wife---AND THE AUDIENCE STOOD UP AN CHEERED KERRY! Thanks for letting us know... I missed that.

[Update 8:16]: Brian Williams fact-checking on MSNBC:

[Update 8:18]: Clintonista Joe Lockhart is doing a great job in spinning the debate, and I'm glad to see that Kerry picked him up for the campaign.

[Update 8:23]: I just flipped over to Fox News. Boy, has Peggy Noonan had a lot of plastic surgery since the last time I saw her. She almost looks like Van Susternernerner...

[Update 8:26]: Jon Meacham, Newsweek Managing Editor-

"Bush is running on 'I'm a leader, even if I'm not saying where I'm leading'" (or something along these lines).

[Update 8:29]: CNN spin- Jorge Ramos, Univision News Anchor, seemed to indicate that Kerry did better than Bush. David Gergen: "One of the best debates we've had in a long time... John Kerry had the most to prove, and he proved it... Kerry's back in the game now."

I like what I'm hearing.



Feel free to comment in this thread... just click the "comments" button. I'll try to put the best ones up on the front page.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...