To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Conservatives speak out

These videos are great.

“The administration's use of the term ‘conservative' to describe itself is Orwellian because it's exactly the opposite of what ‘conservative' means . The administration is not conservative. It's radical...”
--Clyde Prestowitz, counsel to the Secretary of Commerce in the first Reagan Administration

Bush engineered “a radical rollback of environmental policy” compared to previous Republican administrations. “The administration has declared war on the environment.”
--Russell Train, director of the EPA under Presidents Nixon and Ford

“I always thought of the Republicans as the party of fiscal responsibility, but my party has lost its moorings .”

Bush's tax cuts exhibit “fiscal recklessness” which is “almost criminal.” “What are we leaving to our children? We're slipping them a huge check for our free lunch."
--Peter G. Peterson, Commerce Secretary under Richard Nixon, chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations and, until recently, chairman of the New York Federal Reserve Bank

The administration's “obsessive” secrecy makes it “worse than Watergate,” having “stonewalled” the 9/11 commission, “pulled back from the press,” and blocked the release of presidential records and unfavorable reports.
--John Dean, White House Counsel for Richard Nixon
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...