To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Josh Marshall asks the important question

This is in regards to the so-called "Istook Amendment," which would have allowed Appropriations Chairmen to read and divulge any American's IRS tax returns at will--something that civil libertarians on both sides of the aisle screamed at and was subsequently removed from the omnibus spending bill (in which it was secretly inserted at the last moment):

For the moment, set aside the civil liberties and privacy issues raised by the Istook Amendment. What does it say about the majority's management of the legislative process in Congress at present that it's been two and half days since this line item was discovered and no one has been able to determine who wrote it or who put it in the bill?
Link.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...