To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The next Chairman of the DNC?

Word has it that Congressman Martin Frost, a former member of the House Leadership and a Texas Democrat redistricted out of office this year by Tom DeLay, is considering a bid for the Chairmanship of the Democratic National Committee. In theory, he is someone I would be more than willing to support. The AP runs the story:

Defeated Texas Congressman Martin Frost is among potential candidates for chairman of the Democratic National Committee who are telephoning members about the situation, a leading Democrat said Monday.

"The following candidates are making phone calls to DNC members — Howard Dean Donnie Fowler, Martin Frost and Leo Hindery," said Mark Brewer, party chairman in Michigan and president of the Association of State Democratic Chairs.

Frost, a member of the House Democratic leadership team before Texas redistricting cost him his job in the November, would add a high-profile name to the mix of potential candidates. Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack and former Labor Secretary Alexis Herman have said they will not try for the job.

[...]

Frost spokeswoman Susan McAvoy said: "Martin is taking some calls and has placed some calls" but emphasized he was merely exploring possibilities.
As this race pans out, I will endeavor to cover it as well as possible on Basie!
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...