To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

One more auditor says Halliburton should be docked

From the Houston Chronicle, of all places:

Another government auditor has added his voice to a call for the Pentagon to impose a 15 percent withholding on Halliburton Co.'s payments for work in Iraq.

from Stuart Bowen, whose staff had scrutinized the Houston contracting firm while he served as auditor for the Iraq's Coalition Provisional Authority, said that based on his work, the Army should be cutting payments until it gets better documentation of spending in Iraq.

Halliburton subsidiary KBR did not provide "sufficiently detailed cost data to evaluate overall project costs or to determine whether specific costs for services performed were reasonable," according to the memo from Bowen.

This supports the recommendation by the Army Materiel Command, which has asked that the payments be reduced.
Link.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...