To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

2006 Tennessee Senate race heats up

CQ Today's Midday Update (free email service) has this interesting piece on the 2006 Tennessee Senate race.

The Knoxville NEWS SENTINEL reports that state Sen. Rosalind Kurita yesterday said she would seek the 2006 Democratic nomination for the seat of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., who is not expected to seek re-election. Kurita, a Clarksville nurse, won a new four-year term last month. Rep. Harold E. Ford Jr. of Memphis is also weighing a Senate race, but Kurita "said she is running regardless of Ford's decision," the paper reported. At least three Republicans say they will seek the GOP nomination: former Rep. Ed Bryant, Chattanooga Mayor Bob Corker and outgoing state Republican Chairwoman Beth Harwell.
It will be interesting to see if Tipper Gore also throws her hat into the race.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...