To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Peace to come in Sudan?

The AP is reporting that Sudanese peace might be closer than any point in the last two decades.

Sudanese government and southern rebel officials signed landmark deals Friday on how to implement a series of agreements on ending a 21-year civil war in southern Sudan.

The adversaries signed deals on how to implement protocols sharing power and natural wealth, what to do with their armed forces during a six-year transition period and on how to administer three disputed areas in central Sudan.
With the mass murders -- and perhaps genocide -- occurring in areas throughout Sudan, the importance of the news stating that peace might be at hand cannot be overstated. Hopefully the death will stop soon as well.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...