To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, December 20, 2004

Portland's marriages--and others--don't count

Good to hear the federal government is doing its job. The AP has the scoop.

The Social Security Administration is rejecting marriage documents issued for heterosexual couples in four communities that performed weddings for same-sex couples earlier this year.

The agency is rejecting marriage certificates issued in New Paltz; Asbury Park, N.J.; Multnomah County, Ore.; and Sandoval County, N.M., during the brief periods when those localities recognized same-sex marriages.
I suppose this is one way to reduce the long term deficit of the Social Security program...
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...