To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

What actually happened on 9/11?

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld may have just let Americans in on one of the biggest government secrets in history (or maybe he just misspoke...). CNN.com reports [via Taegan Goddard].

Rumsfeld made a passing reference to United Airlines Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania after passengers attempted to stop al Qaeda hijackers.

But in his remarks, Rumsfeld referred to the "the people who attacked the United States in New York, shot down the plane over Pennsylvania."

A Pentagon spokesman insisted that Rumsfeld simply misspoke, but Internet conspiracy theorists seized on the reference to the plane having been shot down.

"Was it a slip of the tongue? Was it an error? Or was it the truth, finally being dropped on the public more than three years after the tragedy" asked a posting on the Web site WorldNetDaily.com.
I truthfully have no idea what to make of this. Suffice to say that if this is indeed true -- that the American government has been covering up what actually happened on 9/11 -- the repercussion could could be unfathomable.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...