To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Where do Oregon's Reps stand on CAFTA

The Oregonian's Washington correspondent Jeff Kosseff takes a look at the various stances of Oregon's members of Congress on this issue. In "Free-trade pact creates Oregon dilemma" he leads thusly:

Oregon's members of Congress will confront a difficult balancing act next year when they vote on the Central American Free Trade Agreement.

The state is home to Cafta backers such as Intel and Nike. However, the agreement faces opposition from sugar producers in Eastern Oregon and area human rights groups. As a result, Oregon's five representatives and two senators will have to consider the competing business interests as well as labor and environmental concerns.
Here's what he finds:

Check out the rest of the article if you're interested.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...