To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Where is all of the lobbying money going?

Kevin Drum finds out:

The top ten lobbyists are shown above. Three of them (GE, Freddie Mac, and Philip Morris) appear to be garden variety corporate lobbyists. Among the other seven, though, you'll note the dead absence of anything resembling a liberal cause. In fact, unless I miss my guess, five of the seven are united in whole or part by a single topic: tort reform. No wonder it's at the top of George Bush's agenda this year.
Progressives always wonder why it is that they are on the losing end of so many recent political battles, and I think Kevin makes it completely clear here. If the progressives want to have power in Washington, they need to start spending on K Street.

|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...