To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Oy Vey

A rocket or mortar hit the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad late Saturday on the eve of Iraq's landmark elections, killing two people and wounding four, a U.S. Embassy official said.

One round fell into the Embassy's compound in the heavily fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad, according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The U.S. military said an explosion at the site was being investigated.

Embassy spokesman Bob Callahan confirmed the embassy had been hit in an attack and said there appeared to have been casualties, but could give no details.

The second official then confirmed that two had been killed and four injured.
Link.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the two casualties, as well the many injured survivors.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...