To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Oy Vey!

This is terrible news.

A suicide bomber blew himself up among Israelis waiting outside a nightclub near Tel Aviv's beachfront promenade just before midnight Friday, killing several people, wounding dozens and shattering an unofficial Mideast truce.

The area was crowded with young Israelis. About 20 to 30 people were waiting to get into the "Stage" club on Herbert Samuel street, close to the promenade. "I was near the club. There were about 20 people outside. Suddenly, there was an enormous explosion," said a witness, identified only as Tsahi.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility. However, militants in the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a violent group with ties to Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, said the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah was involved in the attack.
Link.

I sincerely hope this does not curtail the peace process, though I'm afraid it will. For now, our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...