To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Oy

A powerful earthquake shook central Iran on Tuesday, destroying villages, cutting power to the area, killing at least 175 people and injuring more than 330, state-run television reported.

TV footage showed a village in Kerman province almost flattened by the 6.4-magnitude earthquake, with few mud-built walls standing. Residents were shown digging frantically amid collapsed slabs of concrete and piles of dirt in a bid to find buried friends and relatives.

"All hospitals in Zarand are filled to capacity with the injured. Hospitals in the town cannot receive any more of the injured," the broadcast said, showing images of elderly women and men lying on beds with various injuries.
Link.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...