To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Oy

From Reuters:

A suicide bomber detonated a car near police recruits and a crowded market south of Baghdad Monday, killing 115 people and wounding 148 in the single bloodiest attack in Iraq since the fall of Saddam Hussein.

The bomber blew the car up next to a line of recruits waiting at a health center to take an eye test so they could join the Iraqi police force in the town of Hilla, 100 km (62 miles) south of the capital, witnesses said.
With all of my heart, I hope things begin to improve in Iraq. Elections are not the panacea for the systematic problems in the country, and many of these issues will only be addressed when an international effort commences.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...