To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Pennsylvania Politics Report

There's quite a bit of political news out of Pennsylvania this morning, new major pieces of which come from the aptly-dubbed PoliticsPA.com. First, a new Demcoratic poll shows uber-conservative Senator Rick Santorum in a bucket of trouble in his bid for reelection.

Barbara Hafer and conducted by Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin & Associates shows the Republican-turned-Democrat former Treasurer Barbara Hafer tied 44- 44 with Senator Rick Santorum in a hypothetical matchup. The poll shows Santorum losing to Treasuer Bobby Casey Jr. 40-47.
[more on the poll here]

In other news from the Keystone state, PoliticsPA.com reports that Hall of Fame wide receiver Lynn Swann has set up an "exploratory committee" to look into a possible run at the Republican gubernatorial nomination. Says Swann,

Over the course of the next several months, I will begin to have a conversation with the people of Pennsylvania regarding a potential campaign. I will spend time introducing myself to communities across the Commonwealth, and listening to the people of Pennsylvania. As I consider my personal decision regarding the upcoming gubernatorial race, we will also explore the potential political and financial support for my candidacy. With the support of friends and family, I have authorized the formation of "Team 88" to help accomplish these goals.
As I've said before, it's about time for parties to stop nominating celebrities for office just because of their name recognition. Perhaps Swann could be an effective Governor some day, but with no previous experience save for catching a football for the Pittsburgh Steelers, maybe he should aim a little lower first: a state Senate seat, for instance.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...