To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Washington Hollywood Connection

This time, it's going in the other direction. US News and World Report's Washington Whispers column passes on this entertainment news:

Usually Hollywood borrows from Washington for on-screen drama, but now studios and stars are using cutthroat political campaign strategies to win the Oscar. The latest twist: Washington-trained campaign strategists have been hired for the battle for best actress. Insiders say they're involved in a vicious whispering, E-mail, and rumor campaign to help--or sink--Hilary Swank, star of Warner Bros.' Million Dollar Baby, and Annette Bening, star of Sony's Being Julia. It's so hot, said one consultant, that the attacks could lead to a surprise winner.
Is there a point at which the politicization of America goes too far? If the answer is yes, is this that point?
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...