To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Bonus Quote of the Day

"I think it seriously weakens the arguments of conservatives that we respect process, that we respect precedent, that we respect the courts."

-- Bob Barr, the Republican former congressman from Georgia, on the move by the GOP Congress to affect court rulings in the Terri Schiavo case.
Link.

This brings an entirely new angle to the story surrounding the overreach of the Republicans in the Schiavo case. Senate Republicans have tried to claim high ground in the debate over confirmation of judges by decrying activist judges who legislate from the bench. In this case, the GOP tried to adjudicate from Congress, which is just as unwanted by the American people.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...