To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Bush Knew "Everything" About the Kerik Matter

Shocking. Just shocking. President Bush knew that there was an outstanding warrant for Bernie Kerik's arrest. He knew that Kerik was using an apartment designated as a rest area for those cleaning up the World Trade Center for an extramarital affair. He knew that Kerik was alleged to have accepted bribes from mafiosos. So what did he do? He nominated Kerik to be the Secretary of Homeland Defense. Kerik discusses this, and more, with New York magazine.

Kerik, however, is adamant that he didn’t view accepting the Homeland Security nomination as taking a risk. “The process is ever-present in your mind; it’s always there,” he says, relaxing in a high-back, soft-green, tufted-velvet chair in a sitting area that’s off to one side of his office. “You worry about everything. But you know what you know and you think what you think. I have to live in the real world, and everything that’s come out is stuff I either told the White House about or they already knew.” [emphasis added]
The hubris of these guys still amazes me.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...