To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Inflation on the March

Per Jeannine Aversa of the AP:

Consumer prices gained momentum in February, rising by 0.4 percent, the biggest increase in four months. It was a fresh sign that inflation is picking up.

The increase in the consumer price index, the government's most closely watched inflation barometer, came after prices nudged up by just 0.1 percent in January, the Labor Department reported Wednesday.

The newest snapshot of the inflation climate underscored the Federal Reserve's resolve to continue to lift interest rates in an effort to prevent high energy prices from stoking broader inflation.
I thought that Alan Greenspan believed Bush's massive budgetary deficits didn't matter... isn't that why he approved of round after round of tax cuts for the extremely wealthy?
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...