To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Political Jeopardy

A glimpse into my life...

Tonight I had the great pleasure of participating in a game of political jeopardy here on campus. After single jeopardy I was stuck in last place at a disappointing zero. Luckily, the first place contestant only had 900, so I was not out.

Double jeopardy, in which the categories (current events, elections, constitutional law and Gov 2) were better suited to my areas of knowledge, treated me better. By the end of the round, I stood at 4600, my nearest competitor at 3000.

Naturally, I bid 1500 in final jeopardy, in which presidents was the category. After answering how many presidents have died in office correctly (8 -- Harrison, Taylor, Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Harding, FDR and JFK), I won by a 6100 to 6000 margin, taking home a $100 gift certificate to Best Buy.

In other news, we're almost done with the complete redesign of this site, which has been necessary for some time. Finally, Basie! will have a professional looking template. Finally, Basie! will be accessible on Safari browsers. More info to come early next week.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...