To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, June 17, 2005

The Bushes Don't Want Harris to Run?

Katherine Harris was integral to George W. Bush's 2000 election, and many insiders believe that the White House offered Harris a free ride in the 2006 Senate race if she would make way for their preferred candidate, Mel Martinez. Apparently, if there was a deal, it has fallen through. Joni James and Lucy Morgan have the story for the St. Petersburg Times:

Republican Florida House Speaker Allan Bense said Thursday he has been encouraged by the White House and the governor to run for the U.S. Senate.

That would pit Bense against U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris, R-Sarasota, who some Republicans worry is too polarizing to defeat incumbent Democrat Bill Nelson.

Senate President Tom Lee said he also is being urged to run for the U.S. Senate seat. Lee said he hasn't been contacted by the White House but by Republicans who think Harris cannot defeat Nelson.
So much for loyalty...
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...