To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Bush's Tax Reform Further Behind Schedule

As The New York Times' Edmund L. Andrews reports, President Bush's seemingly contradictory goal of a fairer and simpler tax code is being put on the backburner due to troubles with other major policy initiatives.

President Bush will delay his plans to overhaul the tax code, in part because of his mounting difficulties on Social Security and other top initiatives.

In an announcement on Thursday, Mr. Bush said he would wait an extra two months, until the end of September, for recommendations from an advisory panel on ways to make the tax code simpler and fairer.

The decision means that Mr. Bush is unlikely to propose a big tax measure until next year, mainly because administration officials have been bogged down far more than they expected on efforts to overhaul Social Security.
For more reading on the President's tax plan, check out my interview with former Sen. Bob Packwood (R-OR), the author of the last major tax reform.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...