To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Gee... You Think He's Running for President?

The AP's Theo Emery reports on some not-so-subtle grumblings coming out of Boston these days.

Gov. Mitt Romney said Thursday he will support a proposed constitutional amendment banning gay marriage in Massachusetts, the only state where it is legal.

The Legislature was already working on a proposed amendment that would ban gay marriage but also would allow Vermont-style civil unions. The new proposal drops the civil union language, meaning such unions would remain illegal in the state.

If the new proposal passesprocedural hurdles, it could appear on the statewide ballot as soon as November 2008.
So is the real question whether or not Romney is running for reelection?
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...