To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Goodbye Political Coverage on CNN

First they get rid of "Crossfire" (perhaps a good thing, but they could have salvaged it), then they let Judy Woodruff go, and now this?

Like "Crossfire" before it, "Capital Gang" will leave CNN's schedule this week. The political roundtable -- featuring Robert Novak, Mark Shields and others -- has been on the air for 16 years. But like Novak's other show, "Crossfire," it has reached the end of the road as CNN attempts to retool itself in content and ratings under the leadership of CNN/U.S. president Jon Klein. Its last show will be Saturday. In its place is an expanded version of "On The Story," a one-hour weekend show originally launched to provide the news channel's female correspondents with a platform to talk about the major stories of the week.
It looks like I'll be watching a lot more of Jim Lehrer and perhaps a little more MSNBC.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...