To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Governor Earl to Replace Governor Ted?

Could such a thing actually occur in the Beaver state? Steve Law has the story for the Salem Statesman Journal.

Rumors are swirling that U.S. Rep. Earl Blumenauer, a Democrat from Portland, has assembled a committee to explore a possible run for Oregon governor.

But Blumenauer's aides said that the rumors are false.

"No committee has been formed," said Tim Daly, the fifth-term congressman's spokesman, in Washington, D.C. "The rumor is not true."

"Honestly, right now Earl is not thinking about running for governor," said Willie Smith, Blumenauer's congressional campaign manager based in Portland.
Barring any unforseen occurrence, it would be difficult for anyone -- even a sitting Congressman -- to defeat a sitting Governor in a primary. It could happen, but I'm a little skeptical that it will -- especially given the categorial denials by Blumenauer's staff. I'll try to look into the matter more thoroughly, though.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...