To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Media Limits Hold

The Associated Press has the story:

The Supreme Court on Monday turned away several appeals from broadcast and newspaper groups that sought to restore new government rules easing restrictions on media ownership.

Without comment, the justices let stand a lower court ruling that threw out the looser Federal Communications Commission regulations as unjustified.

The agency must now try a second time to revise its former ownership rules, which the media groups say are inadequate to address the rapidly growing cable television, satellite broadcasting and Internet markets.

The proposed changes would have allowed a single company to own TV stations and a newspaper in the same area, and to own more TV and radio stations in a single market. But critics, including many in Congress, say that would encourage mergers and stifle diversity in news and entertainment.
I suppose this means I'm going to have to sell a handful of my radio stations and get rid of one or two of my newspapers...
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...