To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, June 27, 2005

My Favorite Folk Singer

By a long distance, it's James Taylor. And not just because of this:

"Politics is a dicey thing," he said. "I'm an old yellow-dog Democrat, well-known as a liberal. I was working on Kerry's campaign for the Senate before that. I didn't think about a backlash, I felt this case so urgently. For someone like the Dixie Chicks, it's different. They're taking a big risk with their audience."

Taylor said he wondered if there might be some backlash from his involvement on Vote for Change on a tour of "red states" earlier this year, but it didn't come. "We all know that all the states are really purple," he said. "If I sound disapproving, that's not really much of a surprise to people who know me. There was a dire necessity in changing this administration. But I want to be careful that I don't come off as shrill, or me on my high horse railing about the world."

He said his message on the current tour is much simpler. "I just want to thank people for showing up," he said. "I have the best job in the world, and I know it."
If you don't own it already, James Taylor's Greatest Hits is a must-own album.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...