To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Santorum in it Deep in Pennsylvania

It looks like Rick Santorum is in some deep trouble in his bid for reelection. As Dave Davies reports, the latest Daily News/ CN8 Keystone poll shows Rick below 40%.

The poll shows Democratic state Treasurer Bob Casey leading Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., in next year's Senate race by a 44-to-37 percent margin. In March, the race was a toss-up.

The difference in the numbers is that 6 percent of respondents have moved from the Santorum to the "don't know" column.

"Santorum has taken a hit because of his high profile on some of the hot-button conservative issues," [poll director Terry] Madonna said. "I jokingly say maybe the best thing Casey could do is not campaign, and let Rick create his own problems."

"In any case," he added, "it looks like we're in for a very competitive Senate race next year."

Madonna noted that in the Philadelphia suburbs only 38 percent said Santorum deserves re-election.
While Casey is only at 44% right now, he can't feel bad being 7 points up.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...