To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Monday, June 20, 2005

So, What Have I Been Up To?

I had a pretty enjoyable afternoon today, thank you for asking. I got sent down to the hill at around four to track down a story that turned out to be non-existant. While I was there, I realized for the first time that I have nearly unfettered access to Congress. I watched some heated House debate from the press gallery before heading over to the Rules Committee for a hearing on a couple of bills. There, I ran into Committee Chairman David Dreier (R-CA), who represents my southern California district and is an alumnus of Claremont McKenna College (one of the five schools on my campus).

After the hearing, Dreier and I spoke for about ten minutes, swapping stories and just having some good conversation. We might not see eye to eye on every issue, but I have added respect for him after our discussion.

Later on, I went across Congress to watch the Senate from the press gallery. There, they were debating the Bolton nomination, which was also quite heated. What I life I get to lead!
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...