To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Craig Crawford Debunks Some Assumptions

CQ's Craig Crawford takes a crack at this misguided assuption:

There is disinformation out there claiming that Clinton nominees, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer, refused to answer right-to-privacy questions in their Senate confirmation hearings. Both answered some questions, and refused others. But in Ginsburg's confirmation, she clearly told senators she favored a right to abortion (and the Equal Rights Amendment). The right, she stressed, should be grounded in a constitutional right to privacy and in the 14th Amendment's "equal protection" clause. (For more, see "Ginsburg Hearings Provide Some Insight Into Judge's Ideals," Christian Science Monitor, July 26, 1993). Also, Breyer testified openly about his thinking on privacy rights. For more on that, see "Breyer Charts Moderate Course to High Court," The National Law Journal, July 25, 1994.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...