To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pataki's Out

George Pataki, New York's moderately unpopular Republican Governor, had an announcement to make today, reports the AP's Marc Humbert.

Republican George Pataki, who brought down Democratic icon Mario Cuomo in 1994 to become governor of New York, said Wednesday he will not seek a fourth term next year and "come 2007, I will follow a new path, find new challenges."

While Pataki is eyeing a possible run for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination, he told The Associated Press "that's for down the road. I'm not ruling anything in or out."

Later, the nation's longest currently serving governor told several hundred cheering supporters and state employees at the Capitol that he will call it quits after three terms.
Will Eliot Spitzer start engraving his nameplate now?
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...