To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Is Bush Becoming a Liability for GOPers?

In an interesting article for The Washington Times (yeah, I know), Bill Sammon examines the degree to which Republican presidential hopefuls have distanced themselves from President Bush and his actions and policies.

Republican senators with White House ambitions have begun to break with President Bush on a variety of issues to prove their independence from the second-term president.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist of Tennessee staked out his own ground on the issue of stem-cell research. Sen. George Allen of Virginia publicly disagreed with Mr. Bush's refusal to meet a second time with anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.

Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska compared the war in Iraq to the Vietnam War, an analogy that is anathema to Mr. Bush. Sen. John McCain of Arizona has long disagreed with the president's tax cuts and confidence in Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld.
With the prospect of never appearing on the ballot again, President Bush has lost one of his greatest sources of power within the Republican Party: his ability to aid down-ticket candidates.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...