To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Cheney's Chief of Staff Libby Indicted, Resigns

The AP's team of John Solomon and Pete Yost have the story.

Vice presidential adviser I. Lewis "Scooter' Libby Jr. was indicted Friday on charges of obstruction of justice, making a false statement and perjury in the CIA leak case.

Karl Rove, President Bush's closest adviser, escaped indictment Friday but remained under investigation, his legal status a looming political problem for the White House.

[...]

The five-count indictment accuses Libby of lying about how and when he learned about CIA official Plame's identity in 2003 and then told reporters about it. The information was classified.
The indictment is available here on the special prosecutor's website; the special prosecutor also offers this press release on the story. CNN also does its own reporting and writes the following.

I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, resigned on Friday after federal grand jury indicted him on charges related to the CIA leak investigation.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...