To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

NYT: Libby Indicted, Rove Still Under Investigation

The New York Times' duo of David Johnston and Richard W. Stevenson report that a conclusion -- or at least part of a conclusion -- is nearing in the Plame probe.

Lawyers in the C.I.A. leak case said Thursday that they expected I. Lewis Libby Jr., Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, to be indicted on Friday, charged with making false statements to the grand jury.

Karl Rove, President Bush's senior adviser and deputy chief of staff, will not be charged on Friday, but will remain under investigation, people briefed officially about the case said. As a result, they said, the special counsel in the case, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, was likely to extend the term of the federal grand jury beyond its scheduled expiration on Friday.
According to Richard B. Schmitt of the Los Angeles Times, the timing of Fitzgerald's announcement will be "midday." Whenever and however the story breaks, we'll have frequent updates and analysis, so make sure to check in to Basie! tomorrow.
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...