To support this site, please make your purchases through my Amazon link.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Site News

This week, I accepted an offer to become the chief weekend blogger at MyDD.com, a leading political weblog that consistently receives 30,000 or more pageviews every day, or about 20,000 daily readers. Starting tomorrow, I will be writing for MyDD every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, providing analysis primarily on campaigns and elections.

Naturally, this will decrease the amount of time that I will have to devote to Basie!. But this is not the only new item in my life.

In addition to the increased workload that is expected of student towards the end of every semester and the added responsibilities required of seniors, I am preparing to take the LSAT in order to apply for law school, an endeavor that both asks for, and deserves, more of my focus. As a result, for the time being, I am going to have to drastically curtail my activities on this blog.

Basie! has been going strong now for more than a year and a half, a period that has seen over 3,200 posts, including interviews with four major party presidential candidates, two Congressmen, two Governors, ten Senators, and many more politicians and journalists. During this time, Basie! has received nearly 115,000 page views, and has been mentioned in some of the most influential political websites, including National Journal's The Hotline and Daily Kos.

I could not have achieved any of this without the support of you, the reader. I am both thankful and humbled by the response you have given to this site over the past several months.

I hope that you would consider revisiting this site if and when I resume my stewardship in earnest -- perhaps as early as a month from now. In addition, I hope you will consider making the move with me to MyDD tomorrow.

Once again, thank you for your continued support of Basie!
|

<< Home


To support this site, please make your DVD, music, book and electronics purchases through my Amazon link.

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Other Blogs
The Blogs I Read
The Political Sites I Visit
The Newspapers I Read
The Media I Consume
Oregon Media
Oregon Blogs
Blogroll
News Digests
Design by...